I want SquidClamav as c-icap service to be installed and configured the more easier as possible and compatible with the old configuration file. This mean that I voluntary omit some capabilities of c-icap server to preserve a full compatibility with the old squidclamav.conf file.
Requirement, installation and configuration of SquidClamav v6.x and v5.x are not the same so you can find here a link to branch related installation process :
Note that for SquidClamav v6.x there are specials configuration option to use for Squid and SquidClamav. SquidClamav v5.x may not be used today unless you know what you do.
Chaining Squid icap services with squidclamav and qlproxy
Here is the squid.conf configuration options to use if you want to chain qlproxy or other icap services with squidclamav. Note that qlproxy is already an icap server so you need a second one dedicated to squidclamav. Here it is installed on the same host but with a different port: 1345, see Port directive in c-icap.conf.
icap_enable on icap_send_client_ip on icap_send_client_username on icap_client_username_encode off icap_client_username_header X-Authenticated-User icap_preview_enable on icap_preview_size 1024 adaptation_send_client_ip on adaptation_send_username on icap_service qlproxy1 reqmod_precache icap://127.0.0.1:1344/reqmod bypass=0 icap_service qlproxy2 respmod_precache icap://127.0.0.1:1344/respmod bypass=0 icap_service squidclamav1 reqmod_precache icap://127.0.0.1:1345/squidclamav bypass=0 icap_service squidclamav2 respmod_precache icap://127.0.0.1:1345/squidclamav bypass=0 adaptation_service_chain svcRequest qlproxy1 squidclamav1 adaptation_service_chain svcResponse qlproxy2 squidclamav2 adaptation_access svcRequest allow all adaptation_access svcResponse allow all
Others installation manual
- An RedHat/Centos howto from AGIX by Andrew Galdes: Squid Proxy With AntiVirus
- A Fedora installation manual of a proxy cache with squidclamav in German : http://oliverseeburger.de/fedora_14/der_proxycache_squid_und_seine_services.php The installation documents for Fedora 14 - which now is old - but I thinks it is still up to date in general.
- Here you can also find the latest Fedora packages (Source and x86_64) which Oliver build and use.
- Ain other recent document Howto: Install Squidclamav from Nicolas.
- An Ubuntu 11.04 install document: Run with Clamav - Squidclamav
- Installing SquidClamav 5.x, document from kernel-panic.it: Virus scanning with SquidClamav